Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Aug 22, 2012 – General musings and an interview with Accepted.com


I was fortunate to have had the chance to go through an admissions related book with accepted.com. It was a further boon when they requested me to have a kind of a discussion with them on their questions with regards to the B-School application and GMAT. I must confess that such events are truly wonderful in terms of boosting one’s confidence. So they sent me a set of questions and I responded back with my thoughts.

The entire interview can be reviewed at the below link on accepted.com.

On the preparation front there has been a real bad lull. I have been travelling and honestly it is close to 2 weeks since I have even touched the books again. I have decided to take the GMAT in September last week which roughly gives me 1 more month to prepare. I have completed out with the basics and now have to move with increasing my accuracy and more mock tests. I am slightly worried that these 2 weeks without any practice might really damage all the hard work I have been putting since the start. It is also about time that I start looking into the IR section. This is a new section and while I have attended a few sessions on IR by the premier coaching websites I have actually not tried my hand at any real practice. I am hoping that it is not going to be a real difficult task considering analytical and graphical analysis is something that is pretty much a parcel of daily work life.

I will be taking a break for 4-5 days starting this weekend. I am feeling a bit jaded and I decided that it is about time I took a break to recharge my sagging spirits and energy levels. I have been working for close to 6 months now without a break. This break should help me get back on track and I will also use the time away from normal life to work on the essay points.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful interview, and thanks also for the positive feedback on MBA Admission for Smarties.

    It seems that you are back on track with GMAT prep. Good luck with it!

    Linda Abraham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the informative article. This is one of the best resources I have found in quite some time.Nicely written and great info. I really cannot thank you enough for sharing.

    Herbalife in Chennai
    Wellnesscentres in Chennai
    Weight Loss in Chennai
    Weight Gain in Chennai

    ReplyDelete